Flexible and focussed
ICIS training covers the full range of human behaviour and psychological health and can be customised to client’s exact needs (whilst still encompassing core elements, such as statutory considerations).
The highly responsive nature of our courses is matched by:
- Excellent quality and value - all training is delivered by professionally qualified clinical staff and course leaders who are experts in their particular field and have hands-on experience of the issues covered, be it social work, psychotherapy, counselling, nursing or probation, etc.
- A refreshingly direct approach - ICIS employs a variety of tools to bring the topic alive and involve and enthuse participants. Group work, seminar presentation and role play can all be used and we are happy to innovate and encourage debate and the exchange of knowledge and experience.
On completion participants will have high quality skills or knowledge they can apply directly to their own situation.
- ICIS works with each client to conduct a skills-needs analysis, identifying areas in which training is required.
- An individually tailored course is developed to meet the needs of the participants, whether they are front-line staff, middle managers, CEOs or an agency’s own trainers.
- If required, tailor-made course materials will be created.
Typically courses last from one to five days and all are certified, monitored and, on completion, evaluated by participants. This evaluation is fed back to the commissioning organisation to inform their internal HRD systems, and used by ICIS to monitor quality.
This highly individualised, flexible and hands-on approach has won us a solid client base of health authorities and social services departments; GPs; the police force; the prison service; voluntary and private agencies (including charities) and legal services and practices.
Finding your ideal course
There are over xx courses detailed in the ‘Courses’ section of this website. Simply type in the subject that interests you in the search facility you will find there. The listing below gives you an overview of the areas covered. Please also remember that we are happy to develop a course for your specific needs if you should require this.
- Working with Challenging Behaviour and Dual Diagnosis
- Sexual Abuse Awareness
- Dealing with Bereavement and Loss
- HIV, AIDS and Hepatitis Awareness
- Understanding and Conducting Risk Assessment
- Working with Self-Harm and Suicide
- Understanding and Implementing Motivational Interviewing
- Working with Vulnerable Adults
- Understanding and Implementing Social Role Valorisation
- Understanding the Principles of Good Working Practice Within Learning Disability Services
- Mental Health Awareness
- Domestic Violence Awareness
- Understanding the Human Rights Act
- Child Protection Awareness
- Understanding and Working with Dementia in Older People
- Understanding ICIDP
- Working in Forensic Services
- Understanding and Working with Personality Disorder
- Achieving Best Evidence
- Understanding and Working with Asperger’s Syndrome/Autism and Autistic Spectrum Disorders/Attention Deficit Disorder and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Dealing with Bullying and Harassment at Work